Thursday, October 25, 2012

Swedish make some incredible food

So here I am waiting for an oil change at the Nissan dealership... I made the decision that 7am is to early to start on anything productive and I want to enjoy my Tazo zen tea! I pick out the September style issue of departures in hopes finding the relaxation of flipping through the pages...

As I flip pass the gorgeous dior ad of Mila kundis sophisticated charm I land on the most beautifully moist and delicious looking appetizer, called The Best Gravlax!

In the article by Gillian Duffy, she talks about an extremely passionate chief, Marcus samuelsson. Through his passion he opened a restaurant in Göteborg, Sweden where "The Best Gravlax" is one of his signature creations!

Ingredients:
1 cup of sugar
1/2 cup kosher salt
2 tbsp cracked white peppercorns
2 tbsp cracked coriander
2 lbs skin-on salmon fillet, sushi quality or wild, in one piece, pins bomes removed
2 tbsp chopped cilantro
2 large bunches fresh doll coarsely chopped(including stems)

Directions:

1. Combine the sugar, salt, peppercorns, and coriander in a small bowl. Place the salmon in a shallow dish and rub a handful of the mixture onto both sides. Cover the salmon with cilantro and dill.

2.cover the dish and let stand for 6 hours in a cool spot

3.transfer the salmon to the refrigerator and allow to cure for 36 hours.

4.scrape the seasoning off the gravlax. Slice the gravlax on the bias into thin pieces. Serve with honey-mustard sauce flavored with chopped dill.

They noted that the gravlax will keep in the refrigerator for up to 7 days if well wrapped... And up to 2 months if frozen

I can't wait to give this Recipe a try! If you guys give this a try before me posted a picture on my Facebook page and let me know how it was for you!

Enjoy!

Facebook:
Gianna Lancengi

YouTube:
Lancengi

Instagram:
Lancengi

Pinterest:
Lancengi

No comments:

Post a Comment